Our Current account enables you bank wisely.
A UBA Current Account is suitable for everyone, whether employed, self-employed, students, artisans or members of the diaspora.
Regular Current Account
The UBA Individual Current Account is a Demand Deposit Account (DDA) primarily meant for Individuals & Joint Individuals, in which funds deposited are payable on demand, either in person, or by the presentation of a cheque by a third party, bank draft, direct debit, electronic fund transfers etc.
- No restrictions on the withdrawal frequency or amounts from funded account.
- Third party transactions allowed.
- No restrictions on deposit amounts.
- Cheque lodgment allowed.
- Access to internet and mobile banking.
- Access to UBA Master Card & Visa Card (for ATM, Internet and POS transactions).
- Opening balance of $50.
- Zero minimum operating balance.
- Access to consumer credit facilities.
- Lodgment of cheques and dividend warrants.
- Cheque book enabled.
Are you an employee?
Take the first step towards managing your money better.
- Any of these IDs: international passport/driver’s license/national ID/voter card.
- Employee ID (low KYC account opened in the absence of international passport/driver’s license/national ID/voter’s card).
- Letter of introduction from employer.
- Passport photograph.
- Utility bill (not necessary if applicant’s company has a UBA account).
Are you self-employed, whether as an entrepreneur, owner of a professional service firm, or an entertainer?
- Any one of the valid IDs: international passport/driver’s license/national ID/voter card.
- Passport photograph (if business, for each of the owners of business).
- Utility bill (not exceeding 3 months old).
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration/CBN license (for business enterprise).
- Two references from current account holders.